Friday, March 29, 2013

Coming Back

It has been a long time since I wrote here.  I took the advice of someone I trust and started working on getting a degree again.  Unfortunately, I let that get in the way of writing and many other things I love to do.  It has been a rough road. I got in the habit of letting others dictate what I do. I let the societal norms get in the way of my dreams. Yeah, I know. That isn't a new story. It happens all the time. I just hate that I let it happen to me.

I don't mean that I am going to stop pursuing my degree. I have learned a lot and believe it s a worthwhile endeavor.  But I am not going to let it destroy my dreams or keep me from doing what I love most ... writing.

I had always intended to go the e-publishing route on my own but gave in to others who thought I should try traditional publishing.  Not any more. I have been through my book a ton of times and found a great many errors. I have had some great feedback from some wonderful beta readers who have really helped me refine the story and the writting. I simply cannot wait another year to see it in print. Look for an announcement of its availability in the next couple weeks. I consider that a critical step in coming back from the cold abyss I have been wandering in for the last 9 months.

It feels good to be headed in the right directiom again.

No comments:

Post a Comment